Equality Asset Management - A Financial Service Company
About Equality Asset Management:
Equality Asset Management is a private equity firm founded by Thomas S. Roberts whose mission is to help build exceptional companies for the long term while offering investors innovative fee structures. For more information, explore here www.equalityassetmanagement.com
Equality Asset Management team wanted to build a best in class way for organizing, sharing and storing information on prospective and portfolio companies it works with.
There was a critical need to have a single business platform with a unified mechanism for collecting, organizing and tagging documents obtained from the initial discovery of a company through prospecting, diligence and portfolio company management cycles. And, they needed to have a seamless and secure integration between their Dynamics365 CRM and SharePoint file stores.
For the financial services industry, as the threat, frequency and impact of the online attacks increase, new legal risks emerge, including litigation and steep regulatory fines, Equality Asset Management had a requirement to deploy Security, Compliance and Archiving solutions to meet regulatory requirements.
The CloudFronts Team addressed the business challenges by first streamlining the process of document management.
The Equality team was already using classic Dynamics 365 CRM interface. This interface was quite complex and needed more intuitive user experience. There was a need to revamp the existing platform to remove unnecessary UI elements and to improve the ease of performing and tracking key activities. First, the CloudFronts Team moved Equality to the Unified Interface which enabled its compatibility across all devices, including iPads and mobile phones. During the whole process from company identification to closing a deal, the relevant files will now easily be stored and organized securely in SharePoint. The above solution streamlined and re-organized the process of document management & avoided manual work and lack of standardization associated with manually managing documents and creating folders for each prospective company.
1.1 Report Scheduling and SharePoint Integration
Equality had a need to send regularly scheduled, custom pipeline updates to its senior leaders. CloudFronts leveraged Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and enabled this capability without the need to purchase and deploy additional third-party applications or services.
1.2 Security and Compliance
The team deployed a solution which involved below activities:
- Introduced Intune App policy to restrict corporate data leak – App protection policies (APP) are rules that ensure an organization’s data remains safe or contained in a managed app.
- Introduced Windows Laptop (Device) Enrollment so that policy can be pushed, and admin has the control of remotely wiping the data in case of a loss of Laptop (device). Wipe removes all user data and settings from the device by restoring the device to its factory default settings. The device is removed from Intune.
- Encrypt devices to ensure data is encrypted – IT administrators can deploy an app protection policy that requires app data to be encrypted. As part of the policy, the IT administrator can also specify when the content is encrypted.
- Multi-Factor Authentication and Identity Governance to secure user identity from malicious attack – Identity Governance allows you to balance your organization’s need for security and employee productivity with the right processes and visibility. It provides you with capabilities to ensure that the right users have the right access to the right resources, and it allows you to protect monitor, and audit access to critical assets — while ensuring employee productivity.
“Equality had a need to send regularly scheduled, custom pipeline updates to its senior leaders. CloudFronts leveraged Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and enabled this capability without the need to purchase and deploy additional third party applications or services.”
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement
- SharePoint Online
- Microsoft 365 E5
Post Go Live:
Post-Go-live, Equality Asset Management went live with the newly revamped platforms on 14 February 2019. Because of the newly introduced Unified Interface, the Equality team is now able to access and experience the same functionalities from mobile and tablet which has increased their working efficiency.
The SharePoint Integration has enabled the Equality Asset Management team to automate their pipeline data management by generating weekly reports without the need for third-party applications.
With the deployment of Security and Compliance, Equality Asset Management’s IT infrastructure is completely secured with minimum user behaviour changes. The client data is also protected against any threats, malware or any kind of malicious attacks thereby, attaining highest standards of protection against threats, data loss prevention and data governance all under one roof.